Hopi Ear Candling Therapy
Hopi ear candling therapy is a natural and relaxing treatment of the ears which claims to have a variety of health benefits, including:
- Relaxation and stress relief
- Soften and loosen ear wax
- Reduced irritation in the ears
- Relief from sinus problems, headaches and snoring.
- Temporary relief from tinnitus
- Easing pressure problems following flying and diving.
- The treatment has a calming effect and is said to improve circulation, stimulate lymph flow and revitalize.
Ear candles work by vaporising their ingredients and creating air flow towards the ear. A lit candle is placed gently into the outer ear and is turned lightly to seal it in place. The candle generates a pleasant crackling sound and a warm feeling while it draws out the impurities from the ear. This is followed by a period of relaxation together with a facial massage concentrating on the sinus areas.
Please note that Ear Candling Therapy is not a medication and is applied externally only. However, ear candling does appear to have therapeutic benefits and is found by many to be an enjoyable and relaxing experience.